- Arrival in Ferrol, starting point of the English Way.
Day 2: Ferrol – Pontedeume (30 km)
- The first walking day is the longest one; it is possible to split it in two walking days.
- We recommend to visit the port of Ferrol before leaving the city, and stop at the Monastery of San Martiño de Xubia in Neda, right on the way.
Day 3: Pontedeume – Betanzos (20 km)
- This is a coastal stretch, with pleasant views.
- Before reaching Betanzos we will be able to visit the church of San Pantaleón de las Viñas, an iconic point of the English Way.
Day 4: Betanzos – Mesón do Vento (29 km)
- This is a quiet walking day, through small rural areas; some of it will be in parallel to the river.
- There is a mix of paved roads and unpaved rural paths.
Day 5: Mesón do Vento – Sigüeiro (29 km)
- The route will take us through small rural villages, leaving behind chapels and cruceiros (transepts).
Day 6: Sigüeiro – Santiago (12 km)
- La last walking days is only 12 km long. This will allow you to arrive to Santiago early enough to enjoy the city. From Sigüeiro, you will feel the presence of the cathedral in the distance.
- When you get to Santiago do not forget to go to the Pilgrim’s Office with your Pilgrim Passport if you want to get your “Compostela” (Pilgrim Certificate).
- Check Out Santiago.
OTHER TOUR OPTIONS ON THE CAMINO DE SANTIAGO
We organize tailor-made itineraries. If you have a different idea in mind, please do not hesitate to let us know (we can add or remove nights, extra services, etc.).